Is it too early for an Easter Project? Maybe, but my local supermarket has been selling Hot Cross Buns since January…so maybe not! I just want to share a little Easter Graphic I did this week………
I have rather an old version of Photoshop which I mostly use for cropping my jewellery photos for my other blog Get Silvered.
I’m no expert but lately I’ve been getting a bit more ambitious with it and I made the cute graphic above using tutes from two of my favourite blogs and a little google searching for the other instructions I needed.
If you want to try something similar: here’s how …I’m assuming that you have some basic photoshop knowledge and are familiar with the tools and how to use layers…
- Get the gingham background image at Pugly Pixel
- Find the Bunny image at The Graphics Fairy and import into Photoshop.
- Then take out the white background from the Bunny image. Here’s how….
- Next, in a new file open the gingham picture. In a new layer drag the bunny across from his file and postion him over the gingham layer. Crop as desired.
- In a new layer, use the elliptical marquee tool to make a circle. Hold down the shift key to make it a perfect shape when drawing it.
- Fill the circle with white using the paint bucket tool and adjust the opacity to your taste using the Layers window on the right of your screen. I adjusted the fill to 66%.
- Make a new text layer and type text of your choice and position it over the circle. I used the font “that’s font folks!”. Download for free here.(scroll down a bit!)
- Back to Pugly Pixel and follow her instructions to make a pinking shear brush. I had trouble with this and my old photoshop kept crashing, so I improvised a bit. It worked but I’m not totally happy with the finish – I think my zig zags are a little large. I may go back to re do this later on……
Have fun and Happy Easter to all 🙂