For my Birthday last year, my daughter gave me a lovely set of Slate Herb Markers where you write the appropriate herb name on the stake with chalk. A few months later, the only herb we were growing was a pot of sad looking Parsley which wasn’t really worthy of being “identified” with a plant marker.
Then my husband planted a lovely variety of herbs in a big rectangular planter. Instead of writing in chalk, I cut the names out on My Silhouette Cameo with some Silver coloured adhesive book covering ( like contact paper really). The Silver showed up beautifully against the dark slate, but you could use whatever vinyl/contact you have on hand and any material for your markers – wood, ceramic, metal, tile etc etc.
I used the regular vinyl settings on my cutting machine with the “French Script” font. The cutting file (see end of post) has 14 herb names. Don’t worry if I haven’t included a name for a herb you are growing, as I’ve included instructions in the cutting file with font & size details and how I did them. It’s pretty easy really – text with a bit of kerning and welding.
It’s summer here and the herbs have really flourished in the last month or so – in fact so much so, that the herb markers barely show anymore! Ha Ha – time to prune and harvest! 🙂
This post is part of “The Silhouette Challenge” where fellow blogging friends participate in a monthly challenge to create a new project with their Silhouette Machine.
This month’s theme is “Organization”. Now that I’ve labelled my herbs and I can easily identify my Flat Leaf Parsley from my Coriander 😉 I’m off to see what the other Challenge members are doing to get organised.
Please join me and check out the links below! Here’s a little preview of all the projects.
- DIY Window Shutter Mail Organizer by Weekend Craft
- Kids’ Art Wall by Tried & True
- Organizing Silhouette and Craft Supplies by The Happier Homemaker
- Simple Recipe Organization by It’s Always Craft Time
- Put a Label on it! Herb Names for Plant Stakes by Get Silvered < You are here
- Super Simple Linen Closet Labels by Two Purple Couches
- Beware of the Animals Vinyl Toy Box by A Tossed Salad Life
- Child desk accessories by Architecture of a Mom
- Organizing & the Important of Labels by The Turquoise Home
- Index Card Organizer for Easier Meal Planning by Chicken Scratch NY
- Create Craft Room Labels by Dragonfly & Lilypads
- Simple Storage Solution for your Christmas Ornaments by Vintage News Junkie
- Organize this: DIY Planner Covers, Tags & Dividers (made with Cereal Boxes) by Black and White Obsession
- How to Make a Cut File into a Print & Cut by Create & Babble
- Simple Chest Freezer Organizational Board by Nearly Handmade
- Vinyl Your Kitchen Canisters! by From Wine to Whine
- Nursery Closet Dividers & Silhouette Cut File by Creative Ramblings
- Make Custom Box Templates with a Silhouette for Drawer Organization by One Dog Woof
- Organizing the Craft Room by What’s Next Ma
- Vinyl Wall Calendar by Crafts Cakes and Cats
- Personalized Toy Storage Bins by Lil’ Mrs. Tori
- Personalized Routine Chart by Work in Progress
- Blog Planner Sheet Dividers + Free Cut Files by TitiCrafty by Camila
- Simple Project Calendar by Little Blue’s Room
- Dry Erase Photo Frame Menu Board + Free Cut File by Essentially Eclectic
- Receipt Organization with Free Cut File by The Thinking Closet
- Cute and Easy Labels by Life After Laundry
- “What’s For Dinner?” Menu Planning Board by unOriginal Mom
- Mixing Organization and Function: An Easy Conversion Chart by My Paper Craze
- Why do my cookies taste so bad? A lesson in baking. by The Life and Times of a TAP
- Custom Drawer Dividers by Please Excuse My Craftermath…
- The evolution of my labeling system by feto soap
- Ikea Drawer labels by McCall Manor
- Glass Etched Vinegar & Oil bottles by Terri Johnson Creates
- Organize It: Bathroom Closet by The House on Hillbrook
- Ombre Butterfly Magnet Board by Sowdering About
Linked up at Silhouette Challenges