I designed some Giftwrap with my Silhouette Studio Software. It’s easy to print out at home and just perfect for last minute small gifts. Or… join sheets together to wrap a larger gift.
I didn’t intend this design as a cutting file, I was only ever going to print it out and the Studio Software is a great little graphics program for this type of thing. I typed “Happy Birthday”, replicated it multiple times, then changed the font, colour outline, colour fill and size of each. I arranged the different “Happy Birthdays” to fill about a third of a page, grouped them together and copied and pasted them again until the entire page was full.
I kept playing around until I was happy with the layout and finished by filling a few blank spaces with some heart shapes. I won’t lie – although not difficult, it can be time consuming getting the layout and spacing just right! Looking at it now with fresh eyes, I still see parts I’d rearrange a bit more if I had a chance. Hmmm, I’m resisting the urge to tweak it a little more. LOL!
I wanted to share this file as a Printable but the Studio format isn’t a common use file type, and saving as an image with the snipping tool or screenshots caused a loss in print quality.
Luckily, Daniela from Put A Bird on it had the solution. Thanks Daniela! – She generously shared with the Silhouette Challenge Group that she saved her Silhouette Studio Printables as PDFs using the Adobe PDF program. I didn’t have that program installed but I tried it with the free Bullzip PDF program and was thrilled when it worked and transformed my file into a PDF. Oh, and you can also choose to save as a JPEG with Bullzip too.
So………Here’s the Free PDF Printable – Get Wrapping!
But there’s more….. if you have the Silhouette Studio program and want to share your own Graphic Designs as PDF Printables, then read on……
To make your design into a printable format to share with non Silhouette users, here are the steps:
- Download and install Bullzip PDF printer. It’s a free program. If you have another PDF creator program already installed, just use that instead.
- Click File and select and click Print from the dropdown menu. You’re not actually going to print it – this is the first step to saving it as a PDF
- A pop up box will appear. Select “Bullzip PDF Printer” from the list of printers connected to your computer and click Print.
- Another pop up box will appear. Choose a location and a name for your file and click Save.
- Not sure why, but yet another pop up box appears, asking for your new file name again! Type it in and click Save.
- And it’s done! A good quality PDF Printable of your Design.
***If you would prefer to save as a JPEG, select “JPEG” (instead of PDF) in the drop down menu/Format option in steps 4 & 5
This post is part of “The Silhouette Challenge” where fellow blogging friends participate in a monthly challenge to create a new project with their Silhouette Machine -or in my case the Silhouette Machine’s Software 😉 This month’s Silhouette Challenge Theme was “Paper”.
Hope you’ll join me to take a peek at all the other Paper Challenge projects for this month’s Silhouette Challenge. Check out our cool clickable image or the links below.
1. McCall Manor // 2. The Turquoise Home // 3. Creative Savings // 4. Sandpaper and Glue // 5. The Thinking Closet // 6. Sowdering About in Seattle // 7. Persia Lou // 8. From Wine to Whine // 9. Dream a Little Bigger // 10. Please Excuse My Craftermath… // 11. Play. Party. Pin. // 12. Everyday Paper // 13. Practically Functional // 14. A Tossed Salad Life // 15. My Favorite Finds // 16. The House on Hillbrook // 17. Adventures in All Things Food // 18. A Glimpse Into Barb’s Life // 19. TitiCrafty // 20. The Experimental Home // 21. feto soap blog // 22. Creative Ramblings // 23. The Stamp Doc // 24. Ginger Snap Crafts // 25. Simply Kelly Designs // 26. Whats Next Ma // 27. unOriginal Mom // 28. Bringing Creativity 2 Life // 29. Cutesy Crafts // 30. My Paper Craze // 31. Create & Babble // 32. Grey Luster Girl // 33. The Sensory Emporium // 34. Lil’ Mrs. Tori // 35. Black and White Obsession // 36. Mama Sonshine // 37. Weekend Craft // 38. Creative Carnival // 39. Peace, Love and Joyce // 40. Tried & True // 41. The Frill of Life // 42. Dragonfly & Lily Pads // 43. Get Silvered // 44. Minted Strawberry