This week I was on the receiving end of a random Act of kindness. More details about it later but I was absolutely blown away by someone’s kindness and consideration towards me and I’m very, very thankful. I started thinking about Gratitude and given the time of the year, with Thanksgiving coming up for many of my online friends, I went looking for some gratitude quotes.
This one: “Gratitude is the best attitude” (author unknown) summed it all up pretty nicely for me. I’ve made a printable cutting file which I can pop in a frame to remind me everyday how lucky I am – for everything: my family, my friends, my online friends, one from half way across the world who went out of her way to do something nice for me, also for the material things that have less meaning but none the less I’m lucky and grateful to have.
Perfect for those that are celebrating Thanksgiving but just as good as an everyday reminder.
This week we can mix it up a bit. That’s the beauty of designing a printable with the Silhouette Studio Software.
- Colour it: In Silhouette Studio change the colour background to anything that suits your decor. (Aqua & Red Pics) Change the font colour as desired too. Or just leave it as a classic black on white background. (Top pic) Ungroup the layers to play around.
- Fill the words with a pattern or colour instead of the backgound – that’s what I’ve done in this picture. I used a Gold leaf image. I placed the jpeg image of the gold leaf behind the words, selected the words and the image and hit “crop” from the Modify menu. It worked just like a clipping mask would in photoshop.
- For the indecisive like me: In the Silhouette Studio File I’ve included a choice of two font layouts. I couldn’t decide which I liked best so included both.
- The beauty of the Silhouette file is you can resize it to fit any size frame with out loss of quality. I’ve made it to fit within a 5 x 7 frame. You can make it larger or smaller.
- Ditch the colour background layer and print with black ink from a laser printer or copy machine. Run it through the laminator with reactive foil like I did in this project. (the “how to” is over there too)
- Include the sentiment on the cover or inside of a greeting card.
- Cut the words from vinyl or HTV – resize as needed! Pop on a plaque, wall, Tote Bag or T shirt.
- Do you work in hospitality? Cut the sentiment from vinyl and pop it on the tip jar 😉
- That’s all I can come up with – any other ideas?
Too many choices really – in these pics I’ve used a handy Photoshop mock up frame to show you the possibilities – not sure yet which one is going to adorn my wall in real life.
What font is that?
and an ad….
Are you one of the
5000 6000 plus owners (can you believe that! – it’s amazing!) of this brilliantly handy Silhouette Guide?
Not yet? Maybe it’s time to *check it out – Packed full of “everything” you need to know to get the best from your Silhouette Machine.