I made these files up quite a while ago but never shared them – mainly because I could never get decent pictures! Poor excuse I know but I’ve tried again now with better results.
I cut the stencils from clear acetate, it’s fairly thin and cuts like butter – you may know it as overhead office transparency or transparency Film. Either way don’t be deceived by the top picture – the material is clear not frosted. Ha Ha – maybe I haven’t got the photography perfect yet after all 🙂
A coffee that speaks to you – sure to bring a smile to whoever is on the receiving end of this one.
We have a home coffee machine and I initially got great results on the frothy tops of Cappucinos and Lattes like in these pics but we mostly have flat whites, and recently I tried it out on coffee with a bare minimum of froth and got a pretty reasonable result too.
- I use the Vinyl Settings on my machine to cut the acetate
- Rest the stencil on the top of the mug or cup so the cut out design is centered.
- You want the stencil close to the froth but not touching it – if it touches the froth it will stick, causing the froth to lift with it when you remove the stencil and it’ll mess up your design.
- Shake the Chocolate powder through the stencil evenly to get good coverage.
- Don’t do this by an open window, on a breezy afternoon whilst wearing a white T shirt (ahem!)
- Lift the stencil in a “Straight up” motion when you’ve finished.
- I haven’t tried it, but if you don’t have any transparency film, a Card stock stencil may work (possibly single or limited use)
- Take a peek at my decorative sugar packs or my Washi Tape Sugar packs – either will team up beautifully with the coffee.
- If you have results (like I did with this one below) that aren’t quite up to the high standards desired just stir the chocolate into the coffee and trust the next one will work!
On a personal note
I’m on a road trip to attend a wedding, but after that we’re going to continue on and explore the North West of our great State (Western Australia). It will be business as usual here at GetSilvered as I have scheduled posts in advance while we are away. However, we may be in some remote places with patchy or no internet connection (gasp!)
So… I may not be able to update the Index page as each post goes live and I may not respond immediately to comments and contact – other than that – things will be much the same around here 🙂
If you’d like to follow along on our travels – I’ll pop some travel pics on Instagram when I get the chance (and a decent mobile connection).