I’m sharing a free resource today to download and have fun with.
It’s a circular Monogram Font and it’s 100% free. The Font is designed to make 3 initial monograms.
First of all download and install the Monogramos Font by Woodcutter from Dafont.
How to make a monogram in Silhouette Studio
- Type out the three letters for your monogram in lowercase. Traditionally the Surname initial is the larger one in the centre.
- Typing in Lower case will create just the letters, Upper case will create the letters enclosed in a circle.
- For Lower Case Select all 3 initials > open the Modify Window > Select Divide. This will separate the letters but keep each individual letter as a compound path.
- For upper case initials with the circle around them, Skip the above step and Right Click > Release the compound path to separate the letters. An individual letter with a negative space (eg A, B, D etc), will need to be re selected and made into an individual compound path before moving or resizing so it doesn’t come apart. (not shown}
- Now it time to keep some letters and delete the rest. Keep the far left letter from the left set of letters (1), The Middle Letter from the Middle Set (2) and the far right letter from the Right Set (3)
- Delete the remaining letters.
- Select and Align the three remaining letters of the monogram > Align Middle and ensure the spaces between the three letters are equal. Group together and Resize and use as desired.
Go forth and slap a monogram on everything you own – He He.