I upcycled an old Pickle Jar, cleaned it out and filled it with Lollies (Candy) and decorated it with cut outs using my Silhouette Cameo.
Just for fun, at our Family Christmas get together, I thought everyone could guess how many lollies are in the jar and the person with the closest guess will win it.
How I did it:
- My jar still smelt of pickles after washing so I put a tablespoon or so of Bi-carb (Baking Soda) in the jar, closed the jar, shook it around and left it overnight. The Bi Carb absorbs the odour. I had to do it twice, changing the Bi-Carb the second time. Avoid this step by not using a pickle jar 🙂
- There are heaps of Christmas patterns available but I chose the front of this card pattern to make my label. I cut it from white bookcovering as I didn’t have any white vinyl. I used the same Silhouette settings as for Vinyl and it worked a treat, then I transferred it to the jar with transfer paper.
- I drew out a circle in the Silhouette software to fit my jar lid. Then I created the phrase “guess how many” to fit inside the circle with Arial Font. My jar lid was plain Red, but if your lid has writing on it you may want to spray paint it or make a solid label to cover it up instead.
Just a tip – when transferring the lettering to the lid, do it while the Lid is on the jar and tightly screwed on – to ensure it aligns with the label already on the jar. Learn by my mistakes 🙁 I had to do it twice! LOL
- Add the lollies/candy and remember to count them as you go. Add a ribbon to finish off.
- Print out the Free Printables. Choose from A4 with “Lollies” or “Letter size with “Candies”
Love to see pictures if you do this 🙂
Jerri Dyke says
super cute jar design for the Cameo. Thank you. Just found you this week and have read you every day.
Thanks so much Jerri.