Back today with a Free Cutting File which I hope you’ll love! I think it’s pretty cute. It’s a Fun Jar Greeting Card File and as always …..I’ve included options!
Resize as desired. Use this as a shaped greeting card, or as a gift tag, or cut and use the overlay elements to layer on a normal greeting card. Mix and match the individual elements to suit your project.
Add a dotted fold line in the centre of the card if needed. I didn’t use one as I used a scoring board instead and forgot to add it to the file before before saving – Sorry 🙂
Or….Have fun converting the file to Print and Cut, Just add Colour fill, Patterns and Text. Make some designs for any occasion and attach to the Card Base or decorate a larger card. Here’s a few designs I was playing with in Silhouette Studio
and how I used one to decorate a 5 x 7 card…..
Like my Pink Glitter Card? Here’s how…
- First I printed the sentiment in the card. You could use a rubber stamp instead if you have one suitable.
- I cut the base card from white Card stock.
- I made my own Glitter Card stock by adhering some Pink Glitter Book covering material to plain white Card Stock. Then, I cut the overlay jar Body section from that. If you have glitter card stock or Glitter Vinyl use that instead. I attached this to the front of the card.
- I cut the Jar Lid from Silhouette Silver Printable foil and stuck it directly on to the top front base card.
- I also used the Silver printable foil to cut the “Reflection marks” of the jar which I positioned over the Glitter Card
- I cut the snowflakes from The Silhouette Silver printable Foil with a Snowflake die – If you don’t have a Cutting die set up then use a snowflake design from your library or the Silhouette store with your Silhouette.
- I cut another snowflake from the pink glitter, which I placed inside of the card.
- I added a ribbon around the neck of the jar to finish it off.
Credit where Credit’s Due
I used a public domain royalty free image from clker.com (Update: Direct link is not working – it may no longer be online http://www.clker.com/clipart-340702.html)
I deconstructed and tweaked it to make it suitable for use as a cutting file.
The font I’ve used for the inside greeting in my sample card is Rabusto Font
Also, as it’s Remembrance and Veteran’s Day today……
“They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.”
From: For the Fallen, a poem by Laurence Binyon. Published in London in the Winnowing Fan; Poems of the Great War in 1914.
I have a simple Banner Print and Cut file that would look lovely on a Wreath or photo frame to honour those that fought for our countries. Here’s my original “Lest We Forget” Post with the links.